We are a training and development company that has been providing services to government and industry since 1992. Our Thinking Driver Program is recognized as the solution of choice for reducing fleet incident rates by addressing aggressive driving, risk management and driver attitudes. But there's more to us than just driver training! Our consulting and design team can develop and implement any type of training from basic manuals, face to face classroom or practical training through fully integrated web-based learning including custom video.
The Thinking Driver Program was created by Spencer
McDonald, driver psychology and counseling specialist to improve driver attitudes and reduce aggressive driving and fleet incident rates.
Why Choose Thinking Driver?
Aggressive driving, high risk driving behavior and poor driving attitudes are costing your organization money right now and the situation on North America's roads is getting worse, not better.
- Reduce your share of the $60 Billion annual cost associated with poor driving attitudes
- Demonstrate due diligence by ensuring that your drivers are fully trained in avoiding on-the-road confrontations
- Save money on insurance claims and lower your liability and insurance rates
- Improve driver morale and productivity
- Reduce driver stress and associated risky driving
- Enhance your corporate image by reducing complaints about drivers
Thinking Driver Program begins with the base understanding that no one likes to be stressed, angry, frustrated or upset while they are driving but many end up that way because they haven't learned the necessary skills to react in any other way.
Our programs uses a cognitive/behavioral based safety model to help drivers develop more effective skills to think their way out of aggressive driving and high risk driving behaviors.
Thinking Driver Courses teach drivers how to manage stress and pressure on today's busy roads, take responsibility for their emotional reactions while driving, choose positive actions to avoid confrontation, and stay safe and out of harm's way.
- Reduction in risky driving actions which could cause incidents;
- Avoidance of personal confrontations and Road Rage incidents;
- Reduced vehicle abuse and repair costs;
- A more tolerant outlook towards other drivers.
The Programs and Services are Used Across North America By:
- Public and private utility companies;
- Local, State or Provincial and Federal Government;
- Oil and gas industry*;
- Mining and exploration;
- School bus;
- Transportation and distribution;
- Law enforcement and Emergency Vehicle Operation;
- And many other sectors
* The Thinking Driver Course is recognized by British Petroleum (BP Global)
as an approved program to meet the mandatory driver training requirement of employees and contractors operating vehicles on company property.
There are Several Ways to Access Thinking Driver Training:
- We will travel to your site to deliver training to employees
- We can train your in-house instructors to deliver training and supply materials
- We can refer you to an approved Delivery Agency who will provide the training you require
- Your employees can take training on-line directly from this website