Winter Driving Classroom
How many of your employees will CRASH this winter? Are they prepared to face the unique challenges and dangers presented with driving in winter conditions?
Safe operation in adverse conditions requires skilled and trained operators.Cold weather can test the limits of your vehicle and winter conditions can test your abilities as a driver. Do your drivers know how to adjust their driving to accommodate potentially perilous challenges such as black ice, blowing snow, and/or heavy rains?
Thinking Driver’s Winter Driving & Skid Recovery will provide your drivers with the solid ground they need BEFORE getting into their vehicles.
This half-day in classroom theory utilizes a unique blend of fast-paced lecture, video and interactive discussion.
What your employees will learn:
- How to check, prepare and equip your vehicle for winter including but not limited to:
- Emergency kits
- Tire selection
- The 6 conditions of winter driving
- Weather condition
- Vehicle condition
- Road condition
- Traffic Condition
- Lighting condition
- Driver Condition
- Fundamentals of traction and control
- The 3 principal types of skids and how to recover from them
- Under steer skids
- Over steer skids
- Lock-up on braking
- How to correctly use your Antilock Braking System
- Electronic stability & Traction Control systems and how they can prevent skidding
Maximum class loading of fifteen (15) participants per half-day course. Certificates of successful completion are provided.
*Also available in an eLearning format.