Winter Driving Skid Recovery
How many of your employees will CRASH this winter? Are they prepared to face the unique challenges and dangers presented with driving in winter conditions?
Driving in winter can be especially hazardous, particularly when drivers do not adjust their approach to unpredictable changing winter conditions with an attitude of due care. Less than good vehicle handling skills and/or overconfidence can set you up for definite trouble and land you in a ditch!
Our Winter Driving and Skid Recovery Practical course is a hands-on session that takes the theory of vehicle dynamics and skid recovery and puts it into action on a closed training area.
Course participants will drive their vehicles into increasingly challenging skid situations and be coached in advanced skid recovery techniques.
What your employees will learn:
- How to move off from a stop without wheel-spin or loss of control
- The 3 principal types of skids; what causes them and how to recover from them
- Under steer skids
- Over steer skids
- Lock-up on braking
- How to correctly use your Antilock Braking System in an emergency
- Emergency brake and avoidance manoeuvres
- Driving in deeper snow without getting stuck
- Practical methods for getting un-stuck
Maximum class loading of three (3) participants per half-day course. Certificates of successful completion are provided.
Gain traction in reducing your bottom line and prevent winter driving incidents among your drivers, with Thinking Driver’s Winter Driving & Skid Recovery Practical training!