Total Time: 45 minutes
Many workers have never had the benefit of first-hand experience with four-wheel drive vehicles before driving these vehicles on the job. This inexperience can lead to accidents causing injuries, as well as property or equipment damage.
This online course is designed to provide all of the basic information required to operate four-wheel or all-wheel drive commercial vehicles.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Equipment familiarization
- When and how to engage or disengage two-wheel, all-wheel, four-wheel high, and four-wheel low ranges
- How to properly operate transfer cases and axles
- Basic four-wheel drive techniques, including:
- Ascending and descending hills
- Water crossing
- Traversing ditches or other obstacles
- Driving on rough or un-maintained roads
- Driving on slippery roads
- Handling on hills, curves, and ditches
- Loose gravel and washboard
- Vehicle stability and reducing the risk of roll-over
- Consequences for non-compliance
Includes downloadable manual and certificate of completion.
Pass mark for successful completion is 80%.
Note: Enrollments will be activated within 4 business hours, Pacific Time. Log in instructions will be sent via email.