Many workers have never had the benefit of first-hand experience with four-wheel drive vehicles before driving these vehicles on the job. This inexperience can lead to accidents causing injuries, as well as property or equipment damage. Understanding the capabilities and limitations of your vehicle is crucial!
Your drivers are AT RISK for ROLL-OVERS!
Not all driving is dry paved roads under good weather conditions. Frequently we are required to drive in adverse conditions, on slippery roads, or varying uneven terrain. This safe operations training is for anyone who is required to operate four wheel drive or all-wheel drive equipped vehicles.
Our basic four wheel drive and all-wheel drive safe operation program is a full-day course that addresses the unique operational characteristics of a four-wheel or all-wheel drive equipped vehicle. This program blends classroom theory* with hands-on practical application.
What Your Employees Will Learn
- Equipment familiarization
- How to engage and disengage 2-wheel, All-wheel, 4-wheel high and 4-wheel low range
- Locking transfer cases and axles
- Basic four-wheel drive techniques including
- Hill and rock climbing
- Water crossing
- Driving over logs
- Driving on rough or un-maintained roads
- Driving on slippery roads
- Driving on hills, curves, ditches
- Vehicle stability and roll-over risk management
- Hazard avoidance techniques
- Safe winch use (optional)
Maximum class loading of three (3) participants per full-day course.
Certificates of successful completion are provided.